Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reality TV

As I was a little kid I loved watching tv, but never any reality shows. At points some would seem interesting during the previews but they never really catch my attention. As I grew up and found out that Santa was fake, I also found out that the reality shows were all fake. I didn’t understand and at first I didn’t believe it. But as I grew up I believed it, although I’m not completely positive that it isn’t real I don’t believe in it. I actually hate watching them, like why would I even care what’s going on in other people’s life that has money to just have cameras following them around. If they don’t know what to do with the money they can always give me some and I’ll be more than happy to take some. So yeah I don’t really care about what’s going on in their lifes. I also don’t like watching cribs, I mean its nice and all that they have a lot of cool stuff, but their just showing off everything they have and the nothing that we have. I actually don’t dislike much about them, probably just that they take up time for other shows, and even then I don’t mind because I don’t watch that much TV. I don’t think these types of shows are harmful, I don’t see how they would be harmful in any way. I guess I can’t really say much because I don’t really watch them, but I wouldn’t think it’s harmful. I mean its just reality what harm would it do? In a way I think it would benefit our society because it shows kids what to expect in the “real” world. Reality TV is not a guilty pleasure or something I avoid, it’s something I don’t have time to watch. When I turn on the TV I never come across a reality show, their not on when I watch TV. But if it happens to be on for any reason, then I will avoid it, The most recent show that every loves talking about, Jersey Shore, has not even came to mind to watch a single episode. Something about Italians and who knows what else, Snooky getting punched by a guy who cares, I don’t! So that pretty much tells you that I don’t watch reality TV shows.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that those kind of shows are not worth watching. I wish they would do something better with the money. Public schools need extra funding dont't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, reality TV isn't worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, not all reality shows are bad. Check out an episode of Addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a Jersey shore virgin, it simply doesn't appeal to me. Why would i want to watch a bunch of spay tanned people doing nothing?

    ReplyDelete